100 Amp QCW / CW Driver Overview:
Lumina Power offers the New LDN series laser diode drivers, which are the second generation of precision CW and pulsed diode drivers for this family. The New LDN family series is the result of more than a decade of experience in laser diode driver technology.
The LDN family incorporates the features of the LDD and LDY models. The new upgrades include newly designed magnetics for cooler operation, increased energy storage for better a pulsed performance, lower inrush current at start-up and availability of an optional Performance Level “E” laser safety feature.
Other features include the Enable function, the Crowbar Status, and the Interlock Function. The Enable Function turns the output section of the power supply ON and OFF. When the power supply is enabled, current is delivered to load as programmed via Iprogram(+), Pin 7. Rise times resulting from Enable are approximately 25msec. The Crowbar Status reports the status of the shorting crowbar clamp across the output. The Interlock function can be connected to external interlock switches such as door or overtemp switches.
The new LDN family series has a redundant safety feature complies with the ISO-DIN 13849-1-2008 Safety standard at the highest level E and can be used to eliminate the costly safety shutter in many laser systems.
Offered in 4 power levels from 600 to 2000 watts the LDN family of CW and pulsed laser diode drivers provide laser designers the most advanced and proven power supply technology available.
• Laser Diode Driver Output Currents to 100 Amps
• Compliance Voltages up to 200 Volts
• 600 to 2000 Watts Output
• Performance Level E Safety
• PFC: Power Factor Correction
• Pulsed Rise/Fall Time: >10msec using Pin 1 Enable
• Operating Temp: 0 to 40°C
• Storage Temp: -20 to 85°C
• Cooling: Forced air
• Humidity: 0 to 90% non-condensing
• Current Ripple: <0.5% of maximum output current
• Dimensions: 25.1 x 18.5 x 6.6 cm
• Current Regulation: <0.5% of Maximum output current
• Current Monitor: 0-10V for 0-Max Current
• Current Overshoot: <1% of maximum output current
• Input Voltage: 100-240VAC ± 10%
• Connector: 15 Pin
• Power Factor: >.98
• Inrush current: Equal to Vin/10 ohms