ILX Lightwave model: LDX3620
The LDX-3620B is a battery powered, ultra low noise current source, optimized for narrow linewidth or stable wavelength laser diode applications. It is an all new instrument that provides a precision current output with <100 nA rms noise and <10ppm stability.
The ILX Lightwave LDX-3620B can be operated at full-scale current in constant current low bandwidth, constant current high bandwidth or constant optical power mode.
Additional features include long battery life between charges, a battery charge mode and front panel charge indicator making the LDX-3620B a reliable test instrument for low noise, precision laser wavelength control applications. The LDX-3620B is compatible with a large selection of ILX Lightwave laser diode TO-can, butterfly, and DIL laser mounting fixtures with interconnect cables for fast, easy system set up.
A lead acid battery and careful design and attention to detail in component selection, instrument and circuit board design allow the LDX-3620B to achieve an order of magnitude lower noise levels than AC powered current sources.
The LDX-3620B protects laser diodes from these potentially damaging events through instrument features such as adjustable current limit and circuit design.
When used with proper cabling and laser diode mounting, current noise levels of <100 nA can be achieved; critical performance for spectroscopic, coherent communications, and other applications requiring narrow linewidths.
Specifications and Key Features Review:
- Battery operated dual range: 200 mA/500 mA
- <100 nA rms noise in battery mode
- Better than 10 ppm stability over one hour
- Constant current and constant power operating modes
- Laser diode protection and error detection circuit
- Laser Diode Current Range: 500mA
- Compliance Voltage: 5 Volts
- Laser Diode Output Noise/Ripple: <600 nA
- Laser Diode Current Output Stability:<50 ppm (24hr)
- Remote I/O: none
- Battery Charge Time: 15 Hours
- DC input: 100VAC - 120VAC (+/-)10%, 47 to 63 Hz
- Temperature Coefficient: <20 ppm / C
- Size(HxWxD): 5"x13.3"x16.3"
- Weight: 25.4lbs; 11.11 kg
- Operating Temp: 0C to 40C
- Storage Temp: -40C to 60C
- Humidity: Up to 80%, non-condensing